Wednesday, January 16, 2008

No one is free.

We are slaves. We serve someone, something or some idea. Paul tells us that we are either slaves to Christ unto righteousness or we are slaves to sin, which leads to death (both physically and spiritually). The Longer I live the more I realize the truth behind Paul's words. In this life we have many things to pick and chose to serve. In the end it all boils down to serving God or the Devil. The pharisees thought they were serving God. They had all the outward manifestations of holiness. The Law, the dress, the honor of men. Yet Jesus tells them their father is the Devil, who was a lier from the beginning. I pray that as I grow in my walk with the Lord, I wouldn't just have the outward appearances of religion. But I would have and indwelling assurance that I'm serving Jesus. My Prayer is to be a slave of Jesus. Slaves only respond to their Master, may I truly by the grace of God be a slave to Righteousness and not sin.

I love the quote by John Owen.
"Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you."

You either obey God, or by default your obeying the Father of Lies. This life is war.

No comments: