Tuesday, June 24, 2008

That's just your opinion.


Don't you just love that Line? That's your opinion, your way of thinking, well, it's works for you but not for me...

In our post-modern world, to declare that your looking for truth is a praise worthy thing. But to say that you found it, well, how arrogant can you be. Thats so narrow minded.

Yet when someone asked me how I respond to statements above I just say, "It's not my opinion, it's Gods. He's has the only opinion that matters in this world.".

If truth be told there are a lot of things in the Bible that offend me. Yet, they are still true, and by God's grace I believe them and have learned to live with the fact that I'm not sovereign, God is. By God's grace over time, there are doctrines that I now hold dear, that I once was repulsed by. They have become sweater over time as I study more and more who God is, and what his word says.

So yes there is absolute truth, and no, it's not always fun to hear, yet it has the power to make you a child of God.

May Jesus come soon!

No comments: